Monday, March 25, 2013

BABY FEVER! and sewing

via No not for me! I'm past that stage in my life although I do miss those days. My DDIL is expecting our first grandchild and it's a girl! Her name is Grace Elizabeth and she will be making her debut in this world in about 6 weeks! You see I raised 3 boys so this is a lovely gift! My parents owned a fabric store for many years and I've sewn since I was 9. For many years now about the only things I sew are patches on the boys clothes. They're grown men now but I'm still patching. I have sewn a few things but due to my RA I can't do much. A few years ago I did sew a little for Threads of Love but it was just too painful physically for me. Last week friends of my DIL Michele gave her a baby shower. I did manage to sew her a nursing cover, burp cloth, and bib. They turned out nice although I wished I would have embellished them a bit. It was a last minute idea. When I say last minute I mean LAST MINUTE! At ten minutes til closing on Friday night I ran into Hobby Lobby and bought $56 worth of fabric, notions, and lord only knows what all I grabbed but how did I spend that much that quickly? I sewed all night and made the cover, burp cloth, and bib. In the old days of my sewing I could have done that in less that 2 hours. At least I still have enough supplies left to make more baby things out of that $56. Here is the fabric I used: via I've gone crazy pinning on my Pinterest everything baby. I'm pinning under babies, baby showers, sewing, for Gracie, etc. It's sometimes hard to know where the exact spot to pin under. I did realize I won't be saving much by sewing the regular items of clothing but I'll be able to sew her fancy outfits much cheaper than buying. I also plan to make her at least one quilt and sign it from meemaw. :D You'll appreciate that more if you watch Big Bang Theory on CBS Thursday nights. I think she'll probably be calling me maw maw per my son's request. That's what I called my grandma. This pinning addiction I have lately may be part of the reason I don't blog a lot. It reminds me of the days when the new Sears catalog would arrive and I would spend days wishing and circling my favorite wants for Santa and later in life just for me. Oh I can't wait for Santa to visit Miss Grace! Grace look at those cheeks at the 6 month ultrasound!

No comments:

Post a Comment